A good NDIS plan manager will of course pay your bills on time (to keep providers happy) and will let you know if you are over or underspending.
BUT they should also make you feel like you are their number 1 priority and that they are on your side.
Let me repeat that: they should make you feel like you are on the same team.
If your plan manager is not like this, it's time to move to Plan Hero.
How do I change my NDIS Plan Manager to Plan Hero?
Here are the 3 simple steps to change your NDIS plan manager and you can do this at any stage of your plan (you do not need to wait for a plan review).
- Decide who your new plan manager will be - choose a plan manager like Plan Hero that will put you first and meet your needs.
- Give your current plan manager written notice - send them an email telling them you wish to cancel their services. You need not give a reason why and they cannot say no. This will need to be completed by the participant or authorised rep. Don't know what to say? See an email template below.
- Contact your NEW plan manager - let us know who your previous plan manager was and when you gave notice. Plan Hero will handle everything else!
- It is your choice to have a plan manager that meets your needs
- You can change plan managers at any time (not just at a plan review)
- A plan manager cannot stop you from leaving, nor ask you explain why
- There is no cost to move to Plan Hero if you are unhappy with your plan manager
- Your old plan manager will continue to provide services until the notice period ends (usually 30 days) and then your new one will take over
- Plan Hero will help you manage the process
Subject: Cancellation of Plan Management services - [Participant name - # NDIS no]
Dear [insert the name of your plan manager],
Please accept this as written notice to request cancellation of plan management services on behalf of [participant name], as per our service agreement.
Please ensure all outstanding invoices are paid, and your plan managed service bookings are zeroed and ended by the cancellation date agreed.
If you could advise the cancellation date, as per our service agreement that would be greatly appreciated.
[Participant name/authorised rep]
What should a good Plan Manager do for you?
The role of a Plan Manager is to support and guide you to use your NDIS funding in the best possible way to achieve your goals and outcomes.
There are a number of ways an NDIS Plan Manager can support you, most importantly they should:
- KNOW WHO YOU ARE
- PAY your bills promptly
- SUPPORT you and be easily contactable - we answer the phone.
- HELP you understand how to use your funding properly
- Allow you have better CONTROL over how you use your funding
- TRACK your budget and let you know when you are over or under spending your funds
Why should you choose Plan Hero as your NDIS Plan Manager?
Plan Hero is an Independent Plan Manager, and we are super passionate about educating and empowering individuals who join our Plan Hero fam!
Plan Hero doesn't just pay the bills, we strive to support YOU in finding the information you need to understand your NDIS plan and assist in making informed choices from the options available.
We answer the phone when you call.
We know your name, not just your NDIS number! You are part of your family, and we are always available to chat and answer any questions whether it’s via phone or email. It’s so important for us to get to know you and be a consistent part of your support crew.
No set-up fee
When changing to Plan Hero from another plan manager we will waive any additional set-up fees. This means there is no out-of-pocket cost to you and we will simply be paid by the NDIA in monthly fees, as your previous plan manager was paid.
How do I join the Plan Hero family?
It’s super easy, all you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Call our team on 1300 599 770 or CLICK HERE to complete our registration form yourself
- Once you've completed our registration - You will be prompted to schedule your onboarding call so we can help you unpack the plan and start utilising funding
- Make sure we have your NDIS Plan. If you do not attach your NDIS plan to the registration form please ensure you send it to us via email prior to your onboarding call - send to email@example.com