If you think that Plan Management is right for you, there are a number of ways that you can go about having this service included in your NDIS plan.
Whether it’s prior to your plan being set up, during a plan or you wish to change plan managers we have explained these options below to help get your started!
There are a number of ways your NDIS plan funds can be managed, and you can have all or part of your plan managed in this way:
- Agency Managed: The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) manages your NDIS funds. The NDIS will pay registered providers and services on behalf of the participant.
- Self Managed: YOU or your plan nominee manages your NDIS funds. This means that you (or your plan nominee) will be reimbursed by the NDIS for any funds paid directly for your NDIS support and services.
- Plan Managed: The plan management provider of your choice will assist you in managing your NDIS plan funds. The plan manager receives the funds from your plan via the NDIA which is then used to fund the services you receive.
Ask yourself, would I prefer a plan manager assist me with managing my NDIS funds?
Three ways to Implement Plan Management
- New to NDIS? Request Plan Management at your Planning Meeting
- Already a participant, but don't have plan management? Request a Plan review during your plan period
- Already have a plan manager? Change Plan Mangers
Request at your Planning Meeting
Before your initial NDIA meeting, you might want to think about how you’d like your funding to be managed - whether it’s Self, Agency of Plan Managed - this is something your Planner or LAC will ask at your meeting.
If using a registered Plan Manager is the right option for you, simply advise the NDIS Planner or Local Area Coordinator (LAC) and request ‘Improved Life Choices’ included in your NDIS plan.
If you would like to have your plan managed by Plan Heroes you can download our Request for Plan Management form to provide to your NDIS Planner or Local Area Coordinator (LAC) at your initial meeting
Request a Plan Review
If your plan has already begun and you do not have the option for plan management or ‘Improved Life Choices’, your plan will either be self or agency managed.
If you wish to have this changed, simply contact your NDIA Planner or LAC and request for a Light touch Plan Review of your plan. In other words, you’d like to switch the financial management of your plan. You can read more about this here
You can also submit the following Request for Plan Management form which outlines what line items are required for Plan Management.
Change Plan Managers
If your plan is already being managed by another provider, and you wish to change you will need:
You will first need to:
1. Contact the NDIA on 1800 800 110 to advise them
2. Request your current/previous plan manager cancels their service bookings and reduce their available funds to zero
Then get in contact with our team and we will help you get started with Plan Hero
No matter what stage you are at, you should always be given the option to implement Plan Management into your NDIS planning. Ensure you discuss this with your LAC, NDIS Planner or Support Coordinator if you have any concerns!