For many participants, agency-managed is assigned as a default option. Whilst this option is great for some, it’s not the best option for everyone!
Why switch from agency to plan managed?
We’ve put together a list of the top reasons why you might choose NDIS plan management over agency management.
Plan management allows you to:
- Use NDIS registered AND non-NDIS registered providers
- Get guidance and help with your spending
- Access support needed to navigate the NDIS
- Get personalised tracking and budgeting
How do I change my NDIS Plan from agency to plan managed?
Here are your 3 steps to change your NDIS plan to plan management:
Any NDIS participant can ask to have plan management added to their NDIS Plan.
This can be done:
- At your Initial NDIS Plan meeting
- At your NDIS Plan Review meeting
- During your plan:
- Call the NDIS on 1800 800 110 or contact your LAC (listed on your plan)
- Let them know you would like to switch to plan management and request a Light touch Plan Review
- If approved, this change can take 1-3 weeks
Not sure how your NDIS plan is managed?
If you are unsure how your plan is managed - check out our latest resource “I have my NDIS plan, now what?” - Step 2a: Figure out how your plan is managed
Why choose a plan manager like Plan Hero?
- Plan Hero doesn't just pay the bills, we know the NDIS.
- Our first response is never no, we work with you to understand HOW you can get the most out of your funding
- There is NO cost to you (the NDIS fund the cost of plan management in a specific section of your plan)
- We understand the types of support that are needed by participants, as well as families and those supporting young children and adults.
- We guide and support you when purchasing (and claiming) these supports .
- We work WITH participants, support workers and families, not against them.
- We get to know you and you can pick up the phone and ask us a question whenever you need.
How do I join the Plan Hero family?
It’s super easy, all you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Call our team on 1300 599 770 or CLICK HERE to complete our registration form yourself
- Once you've completed our registration - You will be prompted to complete our on boarding course so you can understand how invoices are processed and approved.
- Make sure we have your NDIS Plan. If you do not attach your NDIS plan to the registration form please ensure you send it to us via email before we can start processing your invoices - send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more?
To find out more about Plan Management, check out our latest resources: