What is Speech Pathology & how can it benefit me?
Speech Pathology is more than just “SPEECH”.
In general, Speech Pathologists can assist with any challenge associated with communication and swallowing.
Someone may benefit from Speech Pathology intervention if they have difficulties:
- Being understood
- Understanding verbal information
- Getting their message across
- Formulating sentences
- Reading and writing
- Understanding written information
- Eating and drinking
- Producing voice
- Following directions
- Thinking of words to say
- Socially engaging
- Speaking fluently
- Remembering information
- Organising thoughts
- And much more…
Can I really do Speech therapy online? What are the benefits?
Some speech therapists will provide online speech therapy services, otherwise known as 'Telehealth'.
There are many benefits of Telehealth intervention:
- Effective clinical outcomes (proven by research)
- Convenient - from the comfort of your home
- Accessible - no travel time & no travel costs
- Flexible -greater ability to choose your desired therapy time
How does Telehealth work?
In order to do remote therapy, the following is required:
- Laptop, tablet, iPad, phone or computer
- Internet connection
- Inward facing camera
We email a 'Zoom' link ahead of time. Quite simply, click on the link & it will take you directly to the online meeting.
Who is Specialised Speech Pathology and what makes them different?
- We take the time to listen & explore what is most important to our clients
- We make sure therapy is functional. We take a step back and consider how we are going to make the greatest difference to an individual’s ability to communicate or eat and drink safely in the most efficient and effective manner
- We collaborate with the whole team, including family members, carers & loved ones. This supports meaningful & impactful outcomes.
- Speech Pathology is our sole focus and our passion. Supporting people with communication and swallowing challenges is what we think about all day long.
Who are our clients?
We assess & treat Adults & Adolescents with:
- Acquired neurological conditions (e.g. Stroke, Brain Injury etc.)
- Degenerative conditions (e.g. Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis etc.)
- Developmental disability (e.g. Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Autism etc.)
Where are we located?
- Face-to-face intervention based in Sydney …
We can travel to clients in Sydney - Eastern Suburbs, Lower North Shore, Sydney CBD and surrounding areas
- Telehealth intervention nationally