What is Speech Pathology & how can it benefit me?
Speech Pathology is more than just “SPEECH”.
In general, Speech Pathologists can assist with any challenge associated with communication and swallowing.
Someone may benefit from Speech Pathology intervention if they have difficulties:
- Being understood
- Understanding verbal information
- Getting their message across
- Formulating sentences
- Reading and writing
- Understanding written information
- Eating and drinking
- Producing voice
- Following directions
- Thinking of words to say
- Socially engaging
- Speaking fluently
- Remembering information
- Organising thoughts
- And much more…
Can I really do Speech therapy online? What are the benefits?
Some speech therapists will provide online speech therapy services, otherwise known as 'Telehealth'.
There are many benefits of Telehealth intervention:
- Effective clinical outcomes (proven by research)
- Convenient - from the comfort of your home
- Accessible - no travel time & no travel costs
- Flexible -greater ability to choose your desired therapy time
How does Telehealth work?
In order to do remote therapy, the following is required:
- Laptop, tablet, iPad, phone or computer
- Internet connection
- Inward facing camera